The Get Grounded Foundation
GFM|CenterTable cares about our community. Our Agency’s Purpose is to create meaningful and authentic connections that inspire positive change for the greater good. We choose to work with clients who strive to make the world a better place. We have also focused on creating a work-life blend environment for our employees and are constantly thinking of new ways to bring more meaning to our lives through our work.
Our community giving program was created to streamline what we were all already doing, both personally and professionally — supporting local organizations that help Colorado kids. In 2015, GFM|CenterTable we formalized our commitment to the community with the establishment of our primary charitable giving arm, the Get Grounded Foundation. We’re proud to say that since 2015, we’ve been able to provide more than $453,000 in grants, cash donations and sponsorships to support the healthy development of youth in the Denver and Boulder metro areas.
Get Grounded Foundation Grants
The Get Grounded Foundation, a private 501(c)(3), provides one-year community grants for innovative and entrepreneurial programs within an existing, qualified nonprofit that directly supports the healthy development of youth birth to 18 in the Denver metro and Boulder areas. The team at GFM|CenterTable shares the core belief that nonprofits, similar to many startup organizations, are entrepreneurial in their approach but often can’t secure seed funding necessary to get a new or innovative program “off the ground.”
We fund organizations that have been in business for a minimum of two years that provide programs for youth from birth to 18 that specifically focus on:
- Child abuse and neglect prevention
- Youth mental health
- Childhood food insecurity
Programs should be innovative or entrepreneurial in nature. In other words, the organization should be launching a new program (or trying a new method/approach) that directly supports youth. Organizations applying for funding must:
- Demonstrate a history of working directly with children (birth to 18)
- Explain how funding for the new program will help them better serve youth
- Provide evidence that they have the capacity and are ready to launch their new program(s)
- Be able to demonstrate impact within a year of receiving funds
Our cash grants typically range in size from $2,500 to $7,500. Previous grantees are eligible to apply for funding if they can demonstrate that additional support would further strengthen their program that was launched with an initial grant from The Get Grounded Foundation or can show they are launching a new program that aligns with our criteria.
The Get Grounded 2024 grant application will be available June 14, 2024. Grant applications are due by 5 p.m. on Mon., Oct. 7, 2024.
Get Grounded Foundation Grantee Checklist
Are you interested in applying to the Get Grounded Foundation (GGF) for funding for your nonprofit organization? If so, please take a few minutes to review the criteria below to ensure your organization is a fit.
- Is it a new AND innovative or entrepreneurial program that needs seed funding to help get it off the ground?
- Is it a program that has received funding from the GGF in the past and will be able to expand because of an additional grant from the GGF?
- Does the nonprofit directly support children and youth ages 0-18?
- Does the nonprofit serve children and youth in the Denver and Boulder metro areas?
- Has the nonprofit been in business for a minimum of two years?
- Will this grant directly support one of the following:
- Child abuse and neglect prevention programs?
- Youth mental health programs?
- Childhood food insecurity programs?
- Will a grant ranging from $2,500 to $7,500 make a difference in helping get this program off the ground or expand an existing program previously funded by the GGF?
Our unique perspective on the industry of solving complex problems with creative communication strategy.